You have Rooted and Installed Custom Recovery on Nexus 5. You know that you have opened the gates of the customisation of your device. Yeah you are hearing right. Recently We published an article on Carbon Rom Custom Rom for Nexus 5. We received a request from a reader stating that “Can you tell any best Custom Kernel Available for Nexus 5”. Reader here you go we decided to put an article on the best Custom Kernel For Lg Nexus 5. The name of the Custom Kernel is ElementalX 4.4.2 KitKat Custom Kernel for LG Nexus 5. The use of using the Custom Kernel is that the increase in performance. The manufactures lock down some features so that the Device will run at ab constant speed In custom kernels there are several features which will enhance your Smartphone experience to next level.
Gizmostorm is not responsible for bricking of your device and damaged sd card. We are writing the tutorials for educations purpose only try at your own risk. If you point your finger towards us we can’t do any thing other than laughing at you.
Custom Kernel for LG Nexus 5 Features List
Kernel Feature as presented by flar2 :-
- easy installation and configuration with Aroma installer
- multirom support
- charge light support (enabled by some ROMs)
- sweep2wake (optional)
- doubletap2wake (optional)
- pwr button toggles s2w/dt2w (optional)
- overclocking/underclocking options
- l2 and bus overclocking options
- select independent frequencies for each core
- choose automatic minimum voltage
- complete user voltage control
- elementalx CPU governor with gboost
- GPU governors: ondemand, simple
- i/o schedulers: FIOPS, SIO, CFQ, NOOP, ROW, deadline
- max screen off frequency 1190MHz (optional)
- init.d support
- USB fastcharge
- NTFS r/w support
- CIFS support
- exFAT support
- battery optimizations
- disable fsync (optional)
- show pvs number in sysfs
- cooler color preset (optional)
- gamma support
- faux sound support
- DriveDroid support
- linaro 4.7 -O3 build
How to Download Custom Kernel for LG Nexus 5:-
Below we are providing the download links for the latest version as well as the previous versions of the kernel.
How to Install ElementalX 4.4.2 KitKat Custom Kernel for LG Nexus 5:-
- Download the kernel and copy it to your internal storage.
- Reboot to recovery.
- Select Install Zip from SD Card.
Instruction: If you’re using any other custom kernel, Then you need to follow the below step
Step:- re-flash your current ROM without wiping data prior to this Kernel installation.
Facing any problem? Do let us know through the comment section provided below. Keep subscribed for latest apps at Gizmostorm. For more Android Tutorials, head over to Android How-tos section right away.