Navigation keys are quite important while using the Android devices but the thing which bother many of the Android users is the space it takes on the screen. Many of us have would have even thought of auto hiding the navigation bar/soft keys when not in use. Isn’t? Probably Yes as while playing the games, many of them don’t automatically hide the soft keys and sometimes it’s bit annoying. Actually, active developers are pretty fast to transform your thought into reality. That’s why Android community is so blessed with any kind of modifications they want to do on their devices. Today, at GizmoStorm, we are here with How to auto hide soft keys on Nexus 4 and Sony Xperia Z:
*Before you begin, you need:
- A rooted Android device running version 4.0 or up.
- GMD Auto hide soft keys app installed on your device (Play Store link).
Note : This application allows to hide navigation bar and auto show/hide it with simple swipe from bottom. It hides only navigation bar (soft keys) in Phone UI and does not hide notification bar.
Supported devices: all Nexus devices and Xperia Z. It may work on other devices too, but its not tested.
*Some unique features in the free version:
- Hide just navigation bar and keep notifications bar.
- Show Quick Navigation Bar and click soft button with one simple swipe.
- Spoof Soft Keys – make Android think you still have soft keys and display Menu button in applications actions bar.
- Theme Quick Navigation Bar – use any custom image for buttons.
- Adjust trigger size and position.
- Integrate with Gesture Control or Tasker using Shortcuts.
- Stock firmwares,CyanogenMod, Pac Rom and Paranoid Android supported.
- No modifications and no reboot required.
*Some unique features added in the Pro version:
- Change trigger color and/or transparency.
- Disable trigger (and Quick NavBar) if you use other alternative.
Bugs noticed: If you are using device other than any Nexus device or Sony Xperia Z, there might be possibility that app will automatically change your wallpaper. You can just test it out to check whether it’s working fine on your device or not.
Do let me know your reaction about How to auto hide soft keys on Nexus 4 and Sony Xperia Z. Facing any problem, leave your problem in comment section provided below, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. If you wish to thanks the developer for this app, head over here.