You might be struck into a situation where your Android is not working as smooth and snappy as it used to work earlier. Suddenly you decides to go for a factory reset. Isn’t? Now, first thing that you’ll be thinking is “Back up my device as soon as possible” as factory reset will erase all the phone apps and app data. For a root user, it’s not a matter of concern, as they have to open Titanium backup app and just go for complete backup. But, if you are a Non-rooted Android user, you might think twice to do a factory reset as app backup seemed to be a tedious task earlier. So, today at GizmoStorm, we are here with “How to backup Non-rooted Android before factory reset” without any hassle :
Carbon is an application that allows any device running Android 4.0 or higher to back up their applications and data without root. This backup app is developed by famous developer Koushik Dutta, who is also responsible for the development of famous apps like ClockworkMod Recovery, ROM Manager, Superuser application.
*Before you begin, you need :
- An Android device running ICS 4.0 or up.
- Windows/OSX/Linux based desktop.
- Carbon for your Android device. (Play Store link)
- Carbon companion desktop application. (Download link)
- If you are on Windows based desktop, Android Windows drivers for your Android device. (Download link)
*How to set up Carbon backup on your Android device :
- Done with installing the carbon for your Android, carbon for your desktop and Android Windows drivers (for Windows users)? If yes, follow the steps provided below.
- Open the Carbon companion desktop application from your Desktop. It’ll ask you to connect your device to desktop via USB.
- Now, open Carbon app from your Android device. You’ll be asked to login to your Google Account. Ignore it and press “No thanks”. Next, you’ll be asked to connect your Android to your Desktop’s USB.
- Connect your Android to the Desktop through USB cable. Wait for few seconds, Carbon will be activated on your Android device. Disconnect your device from Desktop.
- Open carbon app from your Android device. You’ll be seeing list of system and user apps that you need to backup. Just check those apps and press backup button to backup all your apps and app data.
Please remember that Carbon companion desktop application will only activate the Carbon app on your Android device for backing up the data. Once you switch off your Android device, carbon for Android will be disabled for backing up the data. You’ll have to follow above steps again to re-activate Carbon backup on your Android device (Obviously there’s no need to re-install the carbon for your Android, carbon for your desktop and Android Windows drivers again and again).