Some or the other day in our blogging carrier we head up to situations where we need some of our URL’S not to be indexed in Google search results. Isn’t it? Recently I got mail from Google Adsense team to remove some of my website’s URL that are abusing Google product, such as YouTube, Orkut, or Blogger. We all know, as a webmaster, messing up with Google is somewhat similar to messing up with a lion in a jungle knowing very well that you can’t stand even a second in front of him. So I decided to remove all those contents. But, due to indexing system of Google, those URL were still there in Google search results and I was not in a mood of risking my Adsense account due to those results. Searching the web and mining the plethora of website I came up with a solution on “How to block URL from Google search results” :
- Sign into your Google Webmaster tools account.
- In the left sidebar, under dashboard column, head over to Optimization.
- Select remove URL option.
- Go for Create a new removal request tab.
- Enter the URL directory of your website that you’d like to remove.
- Confirm the submission and allow 24 hrs to Google to process your request.
- You are all done.
How to block URL from Google search results is a first ever post on Blogging at GizmoStorm. After getting very good response from our readers for Android How-tos and Smartphone apps categories, we are expecting the same for Blogging tips. Keep subscribed for latest apps, Android How-tos and Blogging tips at Gizmostorm.