Apple has always been a step ahead, improvising its features and functionalities with every coming year. In case you listen to a lot of Music on your iPhone or iPad, and often require iTunes to sync music to it, you would already be aware of a not so user friendly service Apple introduced some time back, the iTunes Match. The problem, however small, was that users used to find a lot of duplicate songs in their devices, once they used iTunes Match to sync music. While no current fix has been provided by Apple so far, we came up with an easy tutorial on how you can get rid of duplicate songs on your iPhone or iPad instantly. Simply follow the step by step tutorial below.
How to fix iTunes Match Duplicate songs on your iPhone/iPad
NOTE: We recommend you to take a complete backup of your iPhone, or iPad before proceeding. In case you use an enrypted backup, you can temporarily turn it off from iTunes dashboard easily. Of course, we don’t want you to lose any data in case anything goes wrong, which shouldn’t, probably.
- First of all, navigate to Settings app on your iPhone, and tap iTunes and App Store option over there.
- Turn the iTunes Match option off. That’s right. You need to turn it off, before you can configure iTunes oriented settings on your device.
- Go back, and navigate to General settings page, and tap on Usage option.
- The storage column should load in a while, with all of the installed applications on your device, along with their space consumption. Find Music app there, and tap on it.
- Tap on Edit button, and then select the Delete option next to All Music . You will need to confirm the Delete action once again, by tapping the Delete button when prompted.
- Now, go back to iTunes and App Store settings, and turn ON the iTunes Match setting, you turned OFF in step one.
Whoila! Now you should see a cloud icon instead of active duplicate songs in your Music app. The cloud icon lets you download the music from your iCloud backup. You don’t require that of course. One last thing, do not sync music with iTunes if not needed, else the duplicated music will re-appear, and you will require to follow this tutorial again.