In this fast paced era of technology, nothing seems to be impossible. Some 15-20 years back, no one had ever imagined that video calling would be ever possible on such a vast scale as it is today. Since the days of Star Trek till present, video conferencing continues to be in the limelight.
Each and every day a new video calling app emerges that promises to have more weapons in it’s arsenal than it’s counterpart. For years, Skype has been one of the leaders in providing multiple user video conferencing services, along with its well known instant messaging and file sharing integration in the same application.
While we at GizmoStorm use Skype for almost all our business interactions, like many other readers, we wish there was a provision to Record Skype Video Calls On Mac For Free. Though there are number of paid apps like ecamm that allows you to Record Skype Video Calls On Mac, but a free alternative is always appreciated. For the same, today we are here with How To Record Skype Video Calls On Mac For Free :
Before You Begin, We Need:
- Download and Install the Callnote audio recorder for Skype on your Mac (Don’t worry, we’ll record video calls only)
- Little knowledge on how to record your Mac’s screen using Quick Time player. In case you don’t know how to do this, we have a guide for you on How to record OS X screen, it’ll not take more than 2 minutes to learn it.
- Little patience as this guide might be tedious task for some of the readers, but it’ll be worth the try.
How To Record Skype Video Calls On Mac For Free
Step 1: Familiar with recording Mac’s screen via Quick Time player? If yes, you are good to go else follow the guide provided in the pre-requisites part. With Quick Time, you are allowed to record the part of the screen where Skype is running. Start recording atleast 20-30 seconds before when you are expected to get connected on video call.
I would insist, once you get connected just wave your hand so you’ll get to know when the call was started. This might be helpful later.
Step 2: Open Callnote and experience the best thing, it’ll automatically integrate itself with the Skype app and record the call as soon as you get connected.
Step 3: Once you end up the call, stop the Quick Time player also. Don’t worry about Callnote, it will automatically end the recording and save the audio file for you.
Now, let me summarise things till now before we proceed to next step. So, we have 2 files now: First one is the Quick Time video file and the second one is Callnote audio file. Keep both of them handy at one place.
See also: How To Receive Calls On Mac From Android
Step 4: This is the last step we are left with. Familiar with iMovie on your Mac? If yes, then good enough as it’ll allow you to sync the separate audio and video files we have prepared in the above steps.
Open iMovie, upload both the audio and video files, cut the video file from start till you have waved your hand when you got connected and start the process to sync audio and video files.
In case you are not familiar with iMovie, just like me, I have a better alternative for you.
- Download Movavi Video editor on your Mac. Though this app comes with 7 days free trial, but in these days you’ll get to know if this whole procedure is worth your time. Meanwhile this week, you can learn how to sync separate audio and video files on Mac.
- Open Movavi app, upload Video in the Video timeline. Just drag and drop the Skype call video you recorded with Quick Time. Cut the video from start till you waved your hand using the Scissor provided in the tool box.
- Now, it’s time to upload the audio. Head over to Music Section and Select one of your tracks, just select that audio you have recorded with Callnote.
- Bingo! You are done. There might be possibility the video and audio might not be synced. Play with them and you’ll learn to sync both the files in no time.
Though the task is little tedious, but it’s worth the try and believe me, you’ll master this skill in minimal possible time. This guide will definitely save your $25-30.
I Hope it was your successful attempt to Record Skype Video Calls On Mac For Free. Facing any issues or errors, feel free to ask in the comment box provided below. Keep subscribed for latest How-tos at Gizmostorm. For more Mac Tutorials, head over to Mac How-tos section right away.