Without any doubt Samsung Galaxy S4 was the most awaited device of the year. Considering it’s mind blowing specs and mesmerizing looks, this powerhouse from Samsung turned out as a game changer in Android market. Last month, Samsung rolled out its latest Jelly Bean official firmware, Android 4.2.2 XXUBMG9, for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 across the globe. Majority of you users have already installed the update OTA and now it’s time to root your Galaxy S4 I9500 using the tried and tested CF-Auto-Root method:
*Before you begin, keep in mind:
- These instructions are meant for the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 model only running XXUBMG9 Jelly Bean firmware. Do not try to root your device on other variant or firmware using this tutorial as you might end up hard bricking your device. If you are unaware of your device variant/firmware, head over to Settings > About Phone.
- Kindly back up your device using the step-by-step tutorial(for non-rooted device) or via a recommended custom recovery tool such as ClockworkMod/TWRP(for already rooted device).
- Please check whether the appropriate USB drivers are installed on your PC or not(download Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 USB drivers).
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your device. For enabling USB debugging, head over to Settings > Developer Options.
- Keep your phone charged upto a battery level of 75% to prevent unexpected shutdown.
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.
You are rooting your device because you want to do it. Neither me nor the manufacturer is responsible if you hard brick your device in any case. You are tempering your device without manufacturer permission, so you’ll end up with voiding the warranty after rooting.
*How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500:
- Download CF-Auto-Root Android 4.2.2 Package for Samsung Galaxy S4 to your computer and extract the downloaded zip file.
- Download ODIN v1.85 to your computer.
- Now, turn off the phone and start it into Download Mode. For entering into the download mode, press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the Android robot icon with a triangle appears on your phone’s screen. Hit Power again to confirm entry into Download Mode.
- Launch ODIN on computer and consequently connect your phone to it. Make sure the phone is still in Download Mode.
- When the phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This process may take some time. So, don’t worry.
- Select the file that needs to be flashed/installed on your phone. This file is obtained from the extracted file in first Step. Click ‘PDA’ checkbox and select the file ‘CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gtI9500.zip’.
- Please ensure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are selected.
- Click Start button in ODIN and rooting process will begin, which would take just a few minutes to complete.
- Once the rooting process is completed, your phone will reboot into Recovery Mode automatically and install the root package files. At this point, your device ID: COM box will also turn green.
- Finally, when the home screen appears, disconnect the phone from computer.
- If the device fails to boot into Recovery Mode automatically (as given in Step 10) and root your device, then certainly you need to repeat the entire procedure from beginning. If the problem still persists, repeat the entire tutorial, this time make sure that “Auto Reboot” option is NOT checked in ODIN. Then after installation (Step 9), do the following:
- Remove the battery and reinsert it after few seconds.
- Restart your device by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together to enter Recovery Mode manually. This will initiate the rooting process on your phone.
- Congratulations, you successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. Check for the SuperSU app in your apps list to verify.
Do let us know your reaction about How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500. Keep subscribed for latest apps at Gizmostorm. For more Rooting guides, head over to Rooting guide section right away.