At GizmoStorm, we headed up with number of WhatsApp Tips and tricks for our loyal readers. The main aim for these Tips and Tricks is to allow our readers to play and have fun with this amazing messaging client in very efficient ways. WhatsApp is now part and parcel of everybody’s life. Considering this mesmerizing chatting client, WhatsApp grown bigger than Twitter with over 200 million monthly active users. Moreover, it carries over 20 billion messages per day, that approximately doubles the messages carried by Facebook.
Although everything is quite handy in WhatsApp, but What I don’t like is we can’t use same number on two devices due to well defined protocols set up by WhatsApp developers. Earlier it was impossible task to run WhatsApp on two devices, but later or sooner, we are here with “How to run WhatsApp on PC and Android simultaneously”:
*Before you begin, you need :
- A rooted Android device.
- A windows 7/8 PC or Laptop.
- Both Android device and your PC running on same WiFi network.
- Remoteroid app installed on your Android device (Download link).
- Remoteroid server software extracted on your PC or laptop (Download link).
Note: Do this at your own risk. You are doing this because you want to do this. Neither me nor the developer is responsible if anything happens to your device as running rooted Android apps is always subjected to risk factors. Although this trick worked on my Xperia successfully. Don’t forget to take Nandroid backup in case anything goes wrong.
*How to run WhatsApp on PC and Android simultaneously:
- Done with installing Remoteroid app on your Android and Remoteroid server software on your personal computer? If yes, follow the steps provided below.
- Open the extracted Remoteroid server software on your PC and click on the Remoteroid icon. A firewall setting will pop-up. Allow access to it.
- Now open Remoteroid app on your Android and click on Proceed. Now, it will prompt you to enter IP address of your connected network. Enter the IP address and press connect.
You can find IP address by following the steps provided below:
- Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, typeadapter, and then, under Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.
- Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, click View status of this connection. (You might need to click the chevron to find this command.)
- Click Details.Your computer’s IP address appears in the Value column, next to IPv4 Address.
- Press the Homescreen button of your Android and your Android’s homescreen will mirror into the PC/Laptop screen. Now you are all set to enjoy your WhatsApp account from your PC without leaving your hands from keyboard and mouse.
Though it’s not a clean trick as you need to have your Android and PC running on same WiFi network to run WhatsApp simultaneously. But more or less, you can run WhatsApp on PC and Android simultaneously. Facing any problem? Do let us know through the comment section provided below. Keep subscribed for latest apps at Gizmostorm. For more Android Tutorials, head over to Tutorials section right away.