WhatsApp is not anonymous to anyone. Whether it’s you or me, no one can spend even few hours without using this amazing instant messaging client. Apart from live chat, mesmerising features like sharing media and other data are key features that allows WhatsApp to hold number of users with it.
But, some or the other day, we all got struck into an awkward situation where we have to share PDF, apk or zip files on WhatApp and later we realize that there’s no provision of sharing these file types on this amazing messenger.
For this purpose only, at GizmoStorm, we are here with “How to share PDF, apk and zip files on WhatsApp messenger” :
*Before you begin, you need :
- An Android device running froyo 2.2 or higher version.
- Dropbox app (Play Store link).
- CloudSend app (Play Store link).
CloudSend is a file sharing app that let’s you to share any type of file on WhatsApp or any other messaging client. For now, CloudSend is only compatible with Dropbox for sharing files. So, before moving further, make sure Dropbox is installed on your Android device and you are logged-in to your Dropbox account.
*How to setup file sharing on WhatsApp :
- Done with installing Dropbox and CloudSend on your Android device? If yes, proceed further.
- Now open CloudSend app from app drawer. You’ll be redirected to CloudSend’s introductory notes, simply swipe left to move onto the screen prompting you to click Setup. (see image 1 below)
- Next, CloudSend will ask you to link it with your Dropbox account. Without any hassle, allow it. (See image 2 below)
- Now you have completely setup the sharing process.
Initial set up process will turn out to be cumbersome for users, but it’s just a one time setup. After that, it’ll be as easy as sharing any other media on the go. Moreover, if you are concerned about your Dropbox data security, then don’t worry, as CloudSend will not access any other folder on your Dropbox account. It’ll create it’s own new folder named as CloudSend.
*How to share files on WhatsApp :
- Navigate to the file you wish to share with your friends.
- Long tap on the file and chose share option. Share it with CloudSend. (See image 1 below)
- CloudSend will upload the selected file on Dropbox. Wait for the upload process. As soon as upload completes, you’ll get the notification on the notification panel. This notification is containing the sharing link. (See image 2 below)
- Press the notification and you’ll be prompted to share file link via option. Share it via WhatsApp or any other messaging client with the person you wish to share the file with.
- Now, you are all set to share any file whether it’s PDF or apk, no matter which messaging client you are using, it’s just as easy as sharing any other media.
Do let us know your reaction about “How to share PDF, apk and zip files on WhatsApp messenger“. Keep subscribed for latest apps at Gizmostorm. For more Android Tutorials, head over to Tutorials section right away.