Hello pals do you own a Htc Explorer and tired using the old Android 2.3 Ginger Bread on your device. Yeah we have a great news for all the Htc Explorer users and fans out there. You can now update your Htc explorer to the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat. All you need to do is follow our guide on How To Update Htc Explorer to Android 4.4 Kitkat. We will guide you to install Android 4.4 on Your beloved Htc Explorer. Htc Explorer is an amazing device which is still selling like hotcakes in the market. If you bought a new one recently follow this process you will see a big smile on your face :D.
The update we are going to write about is not official update its a cm 11 open source android which is available for the Samsung S4 and other High end devices. By installing this Rom you will lose your warranty. Follow the steps carefully this procedure is only meant to update Htc Explorer to Android 404 KitKat and may not work on any other device. Don’t try to do on other devices this will make the devices not work causing them a hard brick which is hard to recover. Proceed with caution.
Prerequisites to Update Htc Explorer to Android 4.4 KitKat:-
- Make sure you have 80% battery remaining on your device.
- You should have rooted your device and have installed a custom recovery to flash files. For rooting guide of HTC Explorer, head over to the link.
- Make sure that the Htc explorer Usb drivers are installed correctly.
- Enable Usb debugging on your Htc Explorer.
- During the process you will loss all the data present in your device.Kindly back up your device using the step-by-step tutorial.
- Download CM 11 Rom and G-Apps package for HTC Explorer.
Now you all set to go to update HTC Explorer to Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Procedure to Update HTC Explore to Android 4.4 Kitkat :-
- Copy the downloaded files to the Root of Your Internal storage.
- Now power off your device.
- Now using the key combination Vol down + Power Button and select Recovery.
- Now you will able to see a menu on the screen.
- First Wipe the data of the device next cache by selecting them from the recovery menu.
- You will see an option to install zip from SD card select it.
- Now select the Cm 11 Rom you have downloaded and copied into your phone storage.
- Install it and repeat the same procedure for G-Apps also.
- Return to recovery menu and select Reboot now.
Kaboom you Have successfully updated HTC Explorer to Android 4.4 KitKat. Happy flashing and Enjoy Android 4.4 KitKat on your HTC Explorer. Do let us know your reaction about How to update HTC Explorer to Android 4.4 KitKat. Facing any problem? Do let us know through the comment section provided below. Keep subscribed for latest apps at Gizmostorm. For more Android Tutorials, head over to Tutorials section right away.