Samsung Galaxy Y was one of the most popular device among the masses. I still remember those days when talking tom was played on Samsung Galaxy Y in the TVC. According to the latest reports by Google, 40% of Android devices are running on KitKat 4.4.x and around 10% of Android devices are running on Lollipop 5.x. Considering the Samsung Galaxy Y S5360, this popular handset is an orphan child of Samsung and still running on Gingerbread 2.3.x.
Around 1.5 years back, we came up with a tutorial on How To Update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to Android 4.4 KitKat which allowed our readers to enjoy KitKat 4.4 on their device. Continuing the legacy, today at GizmoStorm, we are here with How To Update Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 To Android 5.0 Lollipop :
The update we are going to write about is not official update, it’s a Custom ROM that will allow you to enjoy Android 5.0 Lollipop on your device. Please acknowledge, by installing this Rom you will lose your warranty. Follow the steps carefully as this procedure is only meant to update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to Android 5.0 Lollipop and may not work on any other device. I insist, please don’t try to install it on any other devices as it’ll not work and in worst case your device might get hard bricked. Proceed with caution.
Neither GizmoStorm nor Developers are responsible in case you bricked your device.
Prerequisites to Update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Make sure your device Model is GT-S5360.
- Device is charged upto 80%.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 must be rooted. In case your device is not rooted, have a look at How to Root Samsung Galaxy Y gt-s5360.
- Enable USB Debugging and Unknown sources in Settings > Applications > Development before proceeding. During the process you will loss all your data. Kindly back up your device using the step-by-step tutorial.
- Download Custom Recovery, Update.zip, ext4_formatter, Kernel, ROM package.
Installing Custom Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Y
- Turn off the device and Reboot to Stock Recovery. Proceed pressing Power, Volume-up and Home buttons simultaneously.
- Navigate over options using Volume buttons and use Home button to make selection.
- Head over to Install zip from SD card and tap CWM.zip from your SD card.
- Bingo! You have successfully installed CWM recovery. Next time when you try to reboot into recovery mode, you will see CWM recovery.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Reboot the system into Custom Recovery mode by following the same procedure mentioned above.
- Select Install zip from SD card -> Choose zip from SD card-> update.zip and tap Yes.
- It’s time to format your device by selecting Install zip from SD card-> Choose zip from SD card-> ext4_formatter.zip and tap Yes.
- Similarly, once again hit Install zip from SD card -> Choose zip from SD card-> kernel_CM7_v4.0_totoro.zip and tap Yes.
Before installing the Custom ROM, we need to clear the cache data from your Android. It’s a crucial step, follow it exactly as mentioned below:
Procedure To Clear Cache Data From Your Android
- Head over to Advanced-> Reboot Recovery. Wait till your device reboots. Next, select Wipe data/factory reset and tap Yes.
- Move to Cache partition and again press Yes.
- Navigate to Advanced-> Wipe dalvik cache and tap Yes.
- One last time, press Wipe battery stats and tap Yes.
- Finally go back and navigate to mounts and storage and mount all the storage, data, system etc. Do this until you see unmount for each and every option available.
Procedure To Intall Android 5.0 Lollipop On Samsung Galaxy Y S5360
- You are just a step away from installing Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Samsung Galaxy Y, believe me it’ll be worth the wait. Boot into custom recovery and head over to-> Install zip from SD card-> choose zip from SD card and look for the file [ROM][PORT] CM7-Android L By TeamNexus.zip. Once found, install it.
- Please be little patient, installation will complete in few minutes.
Procedure To Change Phone Language
This Lollipop ROM for Samsung Galaxy Y is in Spanish Language, you have to change the language to English manually. Head over to Settings (ajusted) -> idioma y teclado and finally select English (UK) as your language
Bingo! You are good to go, enjoy Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Y S5360. Facing any issues, do let us know through comment section provided below. Keep subscribed for latest apps at Gizmostorm. For more Android Tutorials, head over to Android How-tos section right away.