The world of Smartwatch is running faster than time. Technology is improving day by day and we are witnessing it. Each and every brand is up with their wearable Gizmos and Samsung is one of them. Yes you are right, we are talking about Samsung Galaxy Gear. Today, at GizmoStorm, we are here with How to root Samsung Galaxy Gear and install Pie Controls on it.
Galaxy gear comes with a 1.3 Inch AMOLED display and a single core processor clocked at 800MHz. With a 1.9MP camera, this watch allows you to capture moments without wasting a moment, and to store them, this device comes with 4GB of internal storage.
Before Installing Pie Controls, you need:
- Samsung USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging (Go to settings-> Gear Info-> tap 10 times on software version-> Go Back and enable USB Debugging.
- Cydia Impactor
Root Samsung Galaxy Gear
- Connect your Gear with the computer and let it sync drivers.
- Extract Cydia Impactor folder and Run Impactor.exe to run Cydia impactor.
- From The Dropdown menu, Select # drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su
- Now click on Start
- Disconnect the gear once process is completed. Boom! Your device is rooted!
Install Pie Controls
For installing pie controls we would be needing several apps like ES File Explorer, Xposed Framework and gravity Box Module, all of the apps are packed into one and can be downloaded from the download button provided below.
- Extract the downloaded package, you would come up with a folder called apk_gear.
- Connect Gear to your computer.
- Open apk_gear.
- After opening the folder, Right click while pressing Shift in an open area.
- A menu box will appear, click on Open Command Prompt here.
- After opening command prompt, type the following codes:
adb install es-file-explorer.apk
adb install superuser.apk
adb install xposed-framework.apk
adb install gravity-box.apk
- After doing this all, reboot your galaxy gear.
- After rebooting your gear, go to apps you will see Xposed Framework app.
- Open Xposed Framework app and tap on install.
- After tapping install, you would be prompted to allow root permissions, tap yes.
- Now reboot the device once again. This time we are rebooting for the Xposed framework modules to set up properly.
- Now go to apps again, select Xposed Framework and tap on module.
- After tapping on module, check Gravity Box Module.
- Reboot Once Again!
- Go to apps and select gravity box.
- Now tap on status bar tweaks and then click on pie controls.
- Now once you have done everything listed above, tap on enable pie controls, then select enable and change the settings according to your usage by scrolling down.
- Voila! You have successfully installed Pie Controls on your galaxy gear!
So now, you have successfully rooted as well as installed pie controls on your galaxy gear! Wait! Fun doesn’t stops here! Yeah, you can install other mods too! You can easily install other mods by tapping enable on the mods in gravity box!
Do let us know if facing any issues through comment section. Keep subscribed for latest apps at Gizmostorm. For more Android How-tos, head over to How-tos section right away.