Hello fellas I think you are enjoying reading our How to update guides and we too enjoying a lot to furnish the guides in our site. Today we are going to write a guide on How to Update HTC One Mini to Android 4.4 Kitkat. Htc one Mini is the small brother of HTC One and it has having similar specifications but a lesser screen size and the device is as powerful as Htc one. Though Htc will release the update but will take some time to release but we will help you get your hands on Htc One mini which is runnung Android 4.4 Kitkat. Lets see the guide on How to update HTC One mini to android 4.4 Kitkat.
The update we are going to write about is not official update its makes your device look alike the latest Google Android 4.4 Kitkat. By installing this Rom you will lose your warranty. Follow the steps carefully this procedure is only meant to update HTC One Mini to Android 4.4 KitKat and may not work on any other device. Don’t try to do on other devices this will make the devices not work causing them a hard brick which is hard to recover. Proceed with caution.
Prerequisites to Update Htc One Mini to Android 4.4 KitKat:-
- Make sure you have 80% battery remaining on your device.
- You should have rooted your device and its bootloader should be unlocked.
- MAke sure that you are on a custom kernel.
- Make sure that the Htc One mini Usb drivers are installed correctly.
- Enable Usb debugging on your Htc One mini.
- During the process you will loss all the data present in your device.Kindly back up your device using the step-by-step tutorial.
- Download CM 11 Rom and G-Apps package for HTC One mini.
Now you all set to go to update HTC One Mini to Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Procedure to Update HTC One Mini to Android 4.4 Kitkat :-
- Copy the downloaded files to the Root of Your Internal storage.
- Now power off your device.
- Now using the key combination Vol down + Power Button and select Recovery.
- Now you will able to see a menu on the screen.
- First Wipe the data of the device next cache by selecting them from the recovery menu.
- You will see an option to install zip from SD card select it.
- Now select the Cm 11 Rom you have downloaded and copied into your phone storage.
- Install it and repeat the same procedure for G-Apps also.
- Return to recovery menu and select Reboot now.
You Have successfully updated HTC One Mini to Android 4.4 KitKat. Happy flashing and Enjoy Android 4.4 KitKat on your HTC One Mini. Do let us know your reaction about How to update HTC One Mini to Android 4.4 KitKat.
Facing any problem? Do let us know through the comment section provided below. Keep subscribed for latest apps at Gizmostorm. For more Android Tutorials, head over to Android How-Tos section right away.