Hello guys its finally official that Htc One X will not able to receive the Official Android 4.4 Update so we decided to frame a guide on How to Update Htc One X to Android 4.4 Kitkat. Htc One X is released a way back in 2009 it was released with Android 4.0 Ics out of the box and has been upgraded to Android Jelly bean but recently Htc confirmed that there is no Android 4.4 Kitkat and this is a bad news for the Htc One X users who are eagerly waiting for the official update. The specifications of the device are awesome and can run android 4.4 Kitkat without any hicups. All you need to do is to follow our guide on How to Update Htc One X to Android 4.4 kitkat. Lets start the guide on How to Update Htc One X to Android 4.4 Kitkat. Follow the steps carefully that you may not end up in bricking your device. Readers tighten your seat belts and dive into our guide on How to Update Htc One X to Android 4.4 Kitkat.
The update we are going to write about is not official update its makes your device look alike the latest Google Android 4.4 Kitkat. By installing this Rom you will lose your warranty. Follow the steps carefully this procedure is only meant to update HTC One X to Android 4.4 KitKat and may not work on any other device. Don’t try to do on other devices this will make the devices not work causing them a hard brick which is hard to recover. Proceed with caution.
Prerequisites to Update Htc One X to Android 4.4 KitKat:-
- Make sure that your device is Htc One X.
- Make sure you have 80% battery remaining on your device.
- You should have rooted your device and its bootloader should be unlocked.
- Make sure that the Htc One X Usb drivers are installed correctly. otherwise install them asap.
- Enable Usb debugging on your Htc One X.
- During the process you will loss all the data present in your device.Kindly back up your device using the step-by-step tutorial.
- Download CM 11 Rom for HTC One X and G-Apps.
First part of our guide on How to Update Htc One X to Android 4.4 Kitkat is completed lets jump into next step on our guide.
Procedure to Update HTC One X to Android 4.4 Kitkat :-
- Copy the downloaded files to the Root of Your sd card.
- Now power off your device.
- Now using the key combination Vol down + Power Button and select Recovery.
- Now you will able to see a menu on the screen.
- First Wipe the data of the device next cache by selecting them from the recovery menu.
- You will see an option to install zip from SD card select it.
- Now select the Cm 11 Rom you have downloaded and copied into your phone storage.
- Return to recovery menu and select Reboot now.
You Have successfully updated HTC One X to Android 4.4 KitKat. Happy flashing and Enjoy Android 4.4 KitKat on your HTC One X. Do let us know your reaction about How to update HTC One X to Android 4.4 KitKat.
Facing any problem? Do let us know through the comment section provided below. Keep subscribed for latest apps at Gizmostorm. For more Android Tutorials, head over to Android How-Tos section right away.