Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is a budget smartphone from Samsung which has attracted the hearts of masses with its awesome features. The present scenario present everywhere is that every one is interested in using a Dualsim whether its a feature phone or a smart phone. So the manufacturers are coming up with Dual sim Android devices. Though there is no official update from samsung to the device still you can update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos to Android 4.4 Kitkat easily by following this guide. This method is checked on our Galaxy Grand duos and worked like charm.
The update we are going to write about is not official update its a cm 11 open source android which is available for the Samsung S4 and other High end devices. By installing this Rom you will lose your warranty. Follow the steps carefully this procedure is only meant to update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos to Android 4.4 KitKat and may not work on any other device. Don’t try to do on other devices this will make the devices not work causing them a hard brick which is hard to recover. Proceed with caution.
Prerequisites to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos to Android 4.4 KitKat:-
- Make sure that your device model is GT-I9082/9082L
- Charge your device upto 80%
- You should have a rooted Phone with custom recovery installed on your device.
- During the process you will loss all the data present in your device. Kindly back up your device using the step-by-step tutorial.
- Download CM 11 Rom and G-Apps package for samsung Galaxy Grand Duos.
- You are good to go lets start the process.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos to Android 4.4 Kitkat :-
- Copy the download files to your sd card.
- Now turn off the mobile wait for few seconds.
- Now use the key combination of Vol up + power + Home button and press them at a time.
- Now you are in recovery mode.
- Perform a full factory reset of the device before installing any thing.
- Also wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
- Next select Install from sd card and select the Cm 11.zip.
- After installing CM 11.zip install G-Apps also the same way.
- Now Select Reboot system now.
Bugs:- The known bugs in the rom are it only supports single sim dual sim is not working in the device. It is only bug found in the Rom.
Voila you Have successfully updated Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos to Android 4.4 KitKat. Happy flashing and Enjoy Android 4.4 KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos. Do let us know your reaction about How to update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos to Android 4.4 KitKat.