Hello guys news state that samsung is going to release the Android 4.4 Update to its flagship devices in early 2014. We have some good news to Samsung Galaxy S4 users. The good news is that now you can Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 Kitkat. Yes you are hearing right but this update is not official update. You will lose your warranty by updating to Android 4.4 as this is Unoffical update in the form of Custom Rom CM 11. Lets see How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 Kitkat.
The update we are going to write about is not official update its makes your device look alike the latest Google Android 4.4 Kitkat. By installing this Rom you will lose your warranty. Follow the steps carefully this procedure is only meant to update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 KitKat and may not work on any other device. Don’t try to do on other devices this will make the devices not work causing them a hard brick which is hard to recover. Proceed with caution.
Prerequisites to Update Sasmung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 Kitkat:-
- Make sure that your device is Samsung Galaxy S4.
- You must have a rooted samsung galaxy S4 to install CM 11 Rom. If your device isn’t rooted, head here.
- Root your device and install a custom recovery to the device
- Download Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 Kitkat.
- Download G-Apps from here.
Lets go to next step process to update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Process to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 Kitkat:-
- Copy The downloaded update to sd card.
- Reboot to recovery using the 3 button combo.
- Wipe everything including cache and Dalvik cache.
- Now select Install from sd card and select the CM 11.
- After that install g-apps the similar way.
- Wait until it completes installation.
Thats it voila you are running latest Android 4.4 on Your samsung galaxy S4 by Following our guide on How to update samsung galaxy s4 to Android 4.4 Kitkat. Do let us know your reaction about How to update samsung galaxy S4 to Android 4.4 KitKat.