Hello guys we started to post Guides on How to Update your device to Android 4.4 KitKat we are getting good response so we thought of posting a few more guides on several devices. The next device in our list is Sony Xperia Neo. Follow our guide on How to Update Sony Xperia Neo to Android 4.4 Kitkat to Update your Sony Xperia Neo to Android 4.4 KitKat. Sony Xperia Neo is a 2011 model and we cant expect a Official update from Sony. In this case follow our guide on How to Update Sony Xperia Neo to Android 4.4 KitKat to update it to latest Android Version.
[gallery columns="4" link="file" ids="4089,4090"]
The update we are going to write about is not official update its a cm 11 open source android which is available for the Samsung S4 and other High end devices. By installing this Rom you will lose your warranty. Follow the steps carefully this procedure is only meant to update Sony Xperia Neo to Android 4.4 KitKat and may not work on any other device. Don’t try to do on other devices this will make the devices not work causing them a hard brick which is hard to recover. Proceed with caution.
Prerequisites to Update Sony Xperia Neo to Android 4.4 KitKat:-
- Make sure your device is Sony Xperia Neo and its rooted.
- Install a Custom Recovery on it.
- Charge your device upto 60%.
- Your device must be Boot Loader Unlocked.
- Download Android 4.4 kitkat rom from here.
- Download Lite G-Apps Package also from here.
Procedure to Update Sony Xperia Neo to Android 4.4 Kitkat :-
- Copy the files to your sd card.
- Flash boot.img in fastboot & reboot into recovery
- Reboot into recovery.
- Go to Mounts and Storage.
- Format /system next cache and next dalvik Cache.
- Now select Install from SD card and select Update.zip file first.
- After installing it flash G-apps and Select reboot System Now.
Tada you Have successfully updated Sony Xperia Neo to Android 4.4 KitKat. Happy flashing and Enjoy Android 4.4 KitKat on your Sony Xperia Neo. Do let us know your reaction about How to update Sony Xperia Neo to Android 4.4 KitKat.
Facing any problem? Do let us know through the comment section provided below. Keep subscribed for latest apps at Gizmostorm. For more Android Tutorials, head over to Android How-tos section right away.