There might be possibility that you are now bored of your device’s appearance and interface. Isn’t it? Probably Yes, that’s why you are here. You might be trying to change your launcher again and again to get fresh look, but again, device consistency would be certainly compromised. So, Why not stick to the same launcher and changing the app icon again and again. Isn’t a cool idea?
Last month, Saurik (man behind the development of Cydia, popular app store for Jailbroken iOs devices) came up with Cydia substrate for Android that allowed Android users to apply Winterboard theme on their device. But as in Beta phase, there a huge room for improvement and definitely in it’s early phase it’s not as consistent as it should be. So, an alternative is always appreciated. So, we are here with Icon themer for Android that allows you to use *any* launcher you prefer and still have the power to customize how your application icons look like. Icon Themer is also more consistent because the icon theme is applied throughout your device and not just confined your launcher.
*What’s so special in Icon themer :
- More than 100 icon packs available in Play Store ready to be applied to Icon Themer.
- Works with Paid Icon Packs.
- Works with Odex/Deodexed ROMs.
Note: Do this at your own risk. You are doing this because you want to do this. Neither me nor the developer is responsible if anything happens to your device as running rooted Android apps is always subjected to risk factors. Although this trick worked on my Xperia successfully. Don’t forget to take Nandroid backup in case anything goes wrong.
*Before you begin, you need :
- A rooted Android device running version 4.0 or up.
- Xposed installer app installed on your device (Download link).
- Download Icon themer v1.5 apk on your device. Don’t install it for now. (Download link)
*How to have working Winterboard alternative for Android :
- Done with installing Xposed Installer on your Android? If yes, follow the steps provided below.
- Open the Xposed installer app and Install Xposed Framework from the Xposed Installer app itself.
- Install Icon themer app which you downloaded above.
- Now, open Xposed Installer and Activate the module.
- It’s time to Download Icon Packs from Play Store and apply through Icon Themer.
- Cheers!! Enjoy the whole new look of your Android device.
Do let us know your reaction about WinterBoard alternative for Android. Facing any problem in applying new icons to your Android? Do let us know through comment section provided below, we’ll get back to you. You are probably willing to thanks the developer for this app, head over here to do the same.